Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Grand New Adventure

Hello all! I've decided to fill my year (or what's left of it, being August) with some new ventures. This blog is one of them, and hopefully it'll be a place where I can share the rest of them with you lovelies! Also, please be patient with me as I tweak my blog and layout. I'm brand new to blogger and the concept of html, so this is a learning process.



Anywho, lets get this train rolling. My name is Katie and while I have many interests and passions, one of my favorites is old things or "vintage" things. Yes, I like that word much better. Let's go with "vintage".

I am in no way an expert on vintage. What I know, I've learned from watching old movies, reading old magazines, and lots and lots of sitting in front of my mirror just messing around with different types of bright red lipstick. I don't dress in vintage every single day...and that's OK with me. Vintage clothing is a little hard to come by in my neck of the woods (I live in Minot, North Dakota). Even though this area has a rich history (which I will be sharing with you along and along), living was hard up here and most often, women wore clothes until they completely wore out. I try to tie the vintage pieces I DO have into a style that hails back to my favorite eras in history. Basically, I do my best with what I can find. When I do come across a vintage piece in one of the local thrift stores, its absolutely magical. I've scared many a passer by with my delighted squealing!

I hope to share some of those finds with you in this blog along with all of my other shenanigans and adventures. So stay tuned :)

-Katie

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, It was my pleasure meeting you yesterday! I hope to see you often and help satisfy your search for vintage things!
    Marla @ Vintage City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marla :) It was wonderful meeting you as well! I look forward to frequenting your shop more often!

      -Katie @Dakota Dixie Darling

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found some make up in the garbage yesterday.. does that make it vintage?!

    ReplyDelete